12.08.2004

Unhemmed pants can kill, people.

So when I got to work today, looked in the mirror and was utterly unimpressed with my outfit. The black pants which had been my staple black pants for so long, now were too baggy and I looked like crap. So I did the only thing I knew to do... I went to Banana Republic and bought a new pair of pants.

Now Banana's pants have like a 36 inch inseam or some shit and I always, always, always need them hemmed. In fact, only gigantresses like Coastel don't need them hemmed. But this was an EMERGENCY and I had pretty high heels on so I thought it would be OK if the pants lightly grazed the ground for one day only.

And you know what, they were ok, for most of the day. However, when I got home and I was walking out to my car, somehow the high heel of my shoe got caught up in the extra length.

BOOM!

I ate shit like a champ because I couldn't get the heel unstuck. Luckily (not really) the door frame to the garage was right in front of me, so I crashed right into it.

Now I have a sexy red welt on my head, a bruised knee and a cut arm. Thanks Banana and your fucking huge inseams.

2 Comments:

Blogger purplesquirrel said...

In situations like this, a stapler is your friend.

December 17, 2004 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger lilmisstramp said...

Or a personal tailor who follows me around and hems my pants at my whim.

December 17, 2004 at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home