11.03.2004

An afternoon with the Stepford Wives


nordstroms
Originally uploaded by lilmisstramp.
So I had to go to our Reston office today and if you look on a map, you can see that there is a major landmark in between Reston and DC... The Galleria at Tysons Corner. And since today was the first day of the Nordstrom's Half Yearly Sale, I totally had to stop by. And yes, I did plan my appointment in Reston around doing this.

Shopping in Tysons Corner around 2pm on a weekday is a bout of fun not to be missed. The only people walking the mall at this time of day are the oh-so-bored-and-oh-so-perfect-oh-what-ever-shall-i-do-with-all-of-this-money wives of the Washington, DC power elite. With their valium glazed faces, perfectly coifed haircuts and designer bags, these women are like Laura Bush but with better handbags.

Its funny to watch them pull up to the mall in their Jags and BMWs and then beat each other up over the 40% off rack at Nordstroms.

Anyhooo...I was pissed off at the election and in the mood for some major retail therapy. I have high hopes every year for the Nordstrom's Half Yearly Sale but watch them die every year in the face of reality. Kinda like my hopes for the Democratic Party. This year was no different on both accounts.

I needed a new bathing suit. I'm going away this weekend and a bathing suit is required attire for this little vacation. Its not easy to buy a bathing suit. I'm not a skinny girl yet I still insist on getting a two piece even though I am sure everyone on the beach is blinded by my huge white stomach.

But whatever, I grabbed a couple to try on.

First one...SCARY.
Second one... SCARY
Third one...SCARY

By this point I am thinking that I shouldn't have helped myself to that Pumpkin Pie Blizzard before coming to Nordstroms. But I'm so upset about the election that I've just been eating my emotions lately...

Whatever, I bought the first one.

I know, great fucking story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home