10.07.2004

Video Game Vixen

Anyone who knows me knows that I love me some clothes shopping, and lately, home decor shopping since I moved into my new digs over the summer. But I never thought it would come to this...

My lovely boyfriend, Koprah, has been working his magic on me, very slowly, slyly, and meticulously...to the point where...I am actually EXCITED about shopping for...VIDEO GAMES. In fact, last night I rushed out of class, whizzing by Lil and Coast, so that I could get my butt to Best Buy and spendspendspend. What did I buy? Something that Koprah has been lobbying me for for some time now...a Playstation 2. Now, Koprah could not be more excited about this, because he convinced me he HAD to have it BY October 23, which is the day he is taking part in a very meaningful day-long event. A Madden Football Tournament. Yes, these are grown men. Yes, they are all police officers. And yes, they are all most certainly GEEKS. But as long as I am being the Best Girlfriend In The World and running out to buy the system STAT! so that my baby can practice and bring home the big bucks, I figured I might as well get a little something for myself...

which brings me to my shopping confession...last night, after my trip to Hell -- I mean Best Buy -- I went to the Target next door, and proceeded to purchase...FAUX UGG BOOTS. Now before you exclaim "Oh no she di'iiiiiiin't!!!" let me explain...well, I can't really explain what made me do it, for real Uggs are mad ugly and very passe, and faux ones are just tacky -- but I think it was divine intervention, because those things are the most toasty, comfy shoes I have placed on my feet in some time. So go get some already!