10.31.2004

On voting...fashionably


B-ChurchTax
Originally uploaded by lilmisstramp.
I wanted to use this space to talk about my Paris Hilton Halloween costume (it was hot) or to make fun of the Victoria's Secret holiday catalog with the $500,000 choker but I'm too mad to talk about those things right now.

I'm mad because I went to church this weekend and during the homily, the priest used his time up there to tell me to vote for George Bush.

This makes me so mad. There's no gray area here, not for profit organizations cannot support a candidate. If they want to, they can go down to their local IRS office and change their tax exemption.

Now would I have been mad if the priest had said to vote for John Kerry? Abso-fucking-lutely.

There is a danger in a church supporting a candidate. You have a captive audience of people who believe that God is speaking through the leader of their church. And who is going to argue with God?

So, in my view, the Catholic Church is supporting Bush. They are supporting a candidate who is pro death penalty, a candidate who would rather help his rich friends than the poor and a candidate who started a war in which many, many innocent lives have been claimed. Where is the outrage over these things, Catholic Church? Is this truly your candidate? I'm not saying John Kerry is better or worse, but how about NOT SUPPORTING A CANDIDATE LIKE THE LAW SAYS.

Jesus Christ.

Anyways, rant over. I want to encourage everyone to vote. Vote Kerry, vote Bush, vote Nader, vote Mickey Mouse...just vote. The most fashionable accesory you can wear on Tuesday is the "I VOTED" sticker you'll get at the polls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

I would like to take a moment to acknowledge the correctness of Lil's post, but at the same time I would like to say that you should all vote for Kerry. That is all.

November 1, 2004 at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home