9.23.2004

On the verge of bannination...

Along the lines of Lil's frustration with the Limited Co.'s stores, one of my all-time favorite stores ever, J Crew, is teetering precariously close to the edge of no return...EL BANNINATIONO!

This newfound loathing has been spurred by several events, in no particular order:

(1) J Crew, why oh why do you insist on having EVERYTHING be dry clean only these days? I know that fall means wools which can mean more special care items, but seriously, all I want is a NON-dry clean only sweater! For the love of God, J Crew, I am not only a student but a Congressional staffer, and those of you who don't live in DC might not know this, but your tax dollars DO NOT PAY WELL. Therefore, I cannot afford endless trips to the dry cleaner, or boxes of Dryel.

(2) What is up with the price hikes, J Crew? I was such a devoted buyer -- your petite line is the shiznit for my short-ass frame -- but honestly what are you doing? I might understand this if your quality increased as well, but I don't think that's the case. I think you are just trying to compete with Banana Republic, unsuccessfully.

(3) Why is it that everything I ever want (*cough* guava striped tie belt *cough*) is constantly on backorder? If it's so damn popular, why not MAKE MORE instead of selling out all the time?! You are royally pissing off customers.

(4) Last but not least, I think your designers are the Crazy. What else can be responsible for all of these fugly embroidered pants and skirts??? At one point this summer, I saw a boy down in the cafeteria at work sporting chinos with LOBSTERS embroidered on them. There is just no excuse to create such atrocities, let alone BUY AND WEAR THEM (I'm talkin' to you, Hill boy)!

Take heed, J Crew. We're watching you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home