9.23.2004

Bannination.

Yup, I've had enough.

Limited Brands (The Limited, Express, Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works and the always crappy White Barn Candle Company)are officially on my banned stores list. In fact, they are the only stores on my banned stores list.

I read an article in the New York Post this week about how Limited Brands have been using Return Exchange to track reurns in their stores and deny certain customers the ability to return merchandise even with a receipt.

But the greatest part ever is that they won't tell you what the limit is! So basically you're stuck with those crappy Editor pants from Express even if you're able to dig the receipt out of the bottom of your purse.

Now, I'm a lawyer (ok that is only half true) and there has to be some issues with the UCC here (warranties and conracts and other shit). I'm too lazy to look it up oh and I sold my contracts book back.

I'll make no bones about it, I am a serial returner. Many, many times I'll be at Express and there will either be a line for the dressing rooms or no one in sight to unlock them for me so I'll just say 'fuck it' and just buy the stuff and try it on at home. But now, under the new facist return policy, I would be stuck.

Express, honestly, has been flirting with a ban for a while now. Their quality has gone down while their prices have skyrocketed. I've said it to my friends before, I cannot afford $78 for a button down shirt and thats how much shit costs at Express. The return policy has just pissed me off so much that I'm done with them.

So, Express (and your other friends) welcome to bannination. The funniest thing is that I actually have a sweater to return to Express that I am going to take there tonight. When the chick behind the counter asks me for my driver's license, I'm going to say fuck you, I don't have one and why do I need to show you one anyway, you didn't ask for one when I bought this fugly sweater. I might throw in another "bitch" for good measure.

You're making a big mistake here, Express. You're treating honest customers like crap and stores that do that don't stay in business too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home